Wednesday, January 5, 2011

DSLR





I always wanted a DSLR. I have to admit that after I got one (from my awesome cousin Jamie, btw) it scared me. I didn't want to "miss" the moment by taking a crappy picture with a camera I didn't know how to use and let's face it, it's not a camera you get to use in "auto" mode. So after reading, reading, and more reading I decided what the hey, might as well give it a go. We will see how this turned out. I did download a trial version of adobe photoshop. I love the program!! I'm not so sure I like the price tag, lol. I need suggestions on cheaper alternatives.







The boys were their usual crazy selves today, but even more so for some reason. I think some days its a game to see how much they can get away with. They were on the naughty seat a few times. I've been working with Patrick at home on some schoolwork. He's got 24 kids in his preschool glass. His teacher must have the patience of a saint. Having that many kids though makes it tough to give one-on-one time to the students. Patrick has a little trouble focusing, especially when his friends are around. He is most definitely sociable. I will be happy when he can write his name. It has been a whiny battle. He will one day, maybe.

I'm finally taking my tree down. Yes, it's still up. What can I say? I've been lazy. The house is slowly returning to normal. I LOVE Christmas. I'm sad to see it go. On a brighter note, that means spring is around the corner. Can't wait!! Maybe I will actually plant a container garden this year. Every spring I always want to start one. I have the seeds. I get the itch to put my hands in dirt. I know that sounds weird. It's probably the "country" part of me. I want my kids to grow up with some part of that. I guess I should really do it this year. Add that to my to-do list.

0 comments:

Post a Comment